Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's scary to be outnumbered...

So, here I sit daring to post with 5 children playing behind me. I only have 2, so being outnumbered by this many is a little scary.

So far so good though. I managed the best distraction ever by building a fort in our living room. All 5 kids fit into it with room to spare and...it's quiet!

I've learned that 5 kids under the age of 5 do NOT necessarily love playing with each other for more than 5 minutes at a time. (The number 5 seems to be an important one today!!)

Anyhow, check out the fort...

It's been tons of fun for the kids. It was in its preliminary building phase yesterday and I never saw my children for almost an hour they were having so much fun! It's amazing how cardboard, cushions and blankets can prove to be more entertaining than any toy the manufacturers can come up with.

I can't sit on any of my couches, but the kids are happy...isn't that more important??

I keep telling myself that a messy house it a good sign of happy children...

My children are REALLY happy!!!!!

Anyhow, Bree and I have been busy with Crop Suey and getting our November kits in order. It's been fun and exciting. I have noticed that I am getting better at recognizing manufacturers -which is a big deal for me.

I am the type of scrapbooker who in not manufacturer specific. But I find that over the last few months I am beginning to have favorites. Although, I will still buy something if I like, no matter who made it. In the spring, I found some great rub-ons at our local dollar store and used up almost every letter -that was the best $1 I ever spent!!!

Well, I had better go and check on the kids, it's getting a little loud in the family room.

Have a great day, and if your kids are in school right now...enjoy the silence!!

Camille

No comments: