Sunday, August 3, 2008

I've been busy...where did the weekend go?

I've been so busy working on Crop Suey stuff, that I just realized that it's Sunday already...oh, and that this weekend is a long weekend!!! So, a little about the last couple of days...
Friday was our big reveal of our top 10 (one list for Bree and a list for me...which really makes top 20). It took us so much time going through the 125 applications. It's not easy to narrow something down when you like something about everyone, then there is the emotional attachment...(it's odd to say it, but I feel close to some of these people that I have never even met) So after way too much deliberation and emotional exhaustion, we posted the top picks. When I hit the "post" button, I was not prepared for the tons of comments that were made. How encouraging and overwhelming.

That was probably the easy part compared to picking our DT, the Crop Chicks, of only 6 ladies. It was hard. We were aiming to post in the morning, but did not get to hitting "post" until almost 3:30 in the afternoon. But it's decided and I am so happy about our new team. I only wish we could have all the people on our team now. But, don't worry, the stint is only for 6 months, so we will going through this emotional roller coaster in another 6 months (yipppeee, more fun...no really, it was a joy getting to know you all better!)
It's not easy to put yourself out there, for all you applicants, and have to wait until the next time. But I want to encourage you. Your work is amazing and we really want to have some of you on our DT next time.
"Encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing" 1 Thess 5:11
We will also be having guest designers each month -so stay tuned.

The next step is putting in our final orders for the kit -this has been so much fun. My husband has been so supportive, he is an amazing man. Who, in their right mind, would release their wife to spend, spend, spend on scrapbooking goodies...I love him!

I'm still working on the page that will bear one of your titles...it's #3 on my "to do" list. My goal is to get it done today!

No comments: