Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm emotional....watch out!!

I started out my day by going to Ali Edwards' blog. I hadn't been there in awhile and discovered that she is expecting (and about 12 weeks along). Then I realized that she was pregnant when I met her at CHA...what a wonderful blessing to be increasing your family by one! (that's when the mushy mindset began taking over)
Then I went to ScrapFaith and read a little on their blog, then I was drawn to one of their DT who has an amazing story...then I felt even mushier (is that a word?) Now, I am sitting here typing, being urged by my heart to be transparent, but not sure just how transparent I should be...(that's also me over-analysing the world!

So, what do I have to share, nothing earth shattering, just tidbits from my life. Ever since I was a little girl, I knew that I wanted to have kids. I wanted to be a mom. I wanted to be pregnant and yes...barefoot! When I met and married my husband we had a 4-year plan to kids (kinda like a 12-step progam)! Then when the time came to get pregnant, we looked at each other and wondered where the last 4 years had gone, but I was ready for the baby bump...and so we took the leap. In 2004, Robert arrived and then, in 2006 Reese arrived. Now, I have two running around the house, keeping me busy, and I laugh daily at the things children can come up with. That (I've just decided) is what I am going to share with you today...wonderful family moments (ok, so mostly the funny things that my children say)

Reese loves to sing. She closes her eyes, raises her arms and sings. She sings to her dolls, to the pillows, to anything that will listen. Her favorite song is "When you're happy and you know it". Her version goes like this: happy no no no no no no no it, AMEN!

Robert was getting his PJs on one day (and his is famous for his WIGGLES). Dad was helping him, but getting frustrated at Robert's inability to stand still. So Dad says "Robert, HELLO!" to which Robert seriously answers "Dad, I'm not a phone!" (it still puts a smile on my face now)

Robert loves to take part in adult conversations. He patiently waits for a lull in the chatter, then quickly cuts in to say "Can I talk now?" Then he goes on to tell us of all the things we are going to do with him as soon as we are done ALL of our talking.

Robert also loves to repeat himself a million times. When we finally tell him to move onto the next topic, he infallibly says "I know you don't want me to talk about (insert subject here), but I just want to say that I REALLY want to (insert subject here) sometime soon OK?"

Being a parent is so rewarding, trying, stretching, and challenging. But, I know that I am not alone in the mayhem. My husband is by my side daily, as is my Lord. His grace is enough for me; so when I want to grab my kids and put them in their rooms for the rest of the day (and it's only 9:30) I take a moment to ask for patience and HIS grace. I think "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love" Psalm 145:8; and I know I can get through any day.Every day has it's challenges, but I know I'm not alone in this world and that is a big comfort to me. So, here's to the joys of children. Their antics, their silly sayings and most of all (the thing that makes it all worthwhile) their unconditional love. Because no matter how bad yesterday may have been, my kids always wake up loving me!

Camille

6 comments:

jessicamae3 said...

I love your sharings! You can never be too transparent in my opinion! Now, in regards to little ones...My 9 month old baby ate his first something or other today which I can not even begin to imagine what...he was choking and gagging and then it went down. I was 2 feet away helping my daughter clean her room??? What in the world!? hahaha Well, I ruled out medicine, pocket change, and anything poisonous. I just have no idea what it was! Yes, parenting can make you exasperated and elated all in the same moment! Thank you again for sharing those tidbits!
Jessica

Anonymous said...

DON'T WORRY J,
YOU'LL FIGURE OUT WHAT IT WAS IN3 DAYS.
(CAN YOU TELL I'VE BEEN THROUGH THAT BEFORE)

HAY CAMILLE,
AMAZING POST.

IT WAS A GOOD DAY FOR ME TO GUSH OVER YOU AT CROP SUEY,
BECAUSE I COMPLETELY ADORE YOU,
AND ADMIRE OYU!

emelyn said...

HI Camille! I just read your post and now I"m in tears about the Psalm you wrote. It couldn't have come at a better time. It was one of those LONG summer days with tired kids! Thank you for your beautiful words of inspiration!!

Deanna said...

Great post Camille! Thanks for sharing! I love seeing a glimpse into your life. And believe me, you're definitely not alone in the world of mayhem! LOl!

wendy said...

Very cool post. Yes children are a blessing nad teach us so much! Keep singing Reese!

TracyP said...

Aaaa WOW!! it's so Mushy:):):) lol!!! I Love it! Thanks for sharing your fun family moments:)